Tuesday 11 June 2019

Time for a Break - Como at Point Yamu, Phuket: Day 2

     After a leisurely breakfast, we gathered at the resort lobby. It was to be a 25min shuttle ride to the marina. On arrival, we were told that the usual speedboat had engine troubles and we had to use motorized sampans. Unexpected adventure that it was, I was pleasantly surprised that the sampans glided very smoothly across the seemingly choppy water. Nevertheless, the Lil Muchkin was apprehensive and held on to us for the entire ride.
     We soon reached Como's private beach. Deck chairs and parasols lined the relatively short and narrow beachfront. We promptly chose our spot and our chairs were prepred with towels by the ever-attentive staff. Besides the beach, one may enjoy the use of a swimming pool and a bar/restaurant. Use of the kayaks and surfboards, as well as sunscreen are complimentary. 
     While frolicking in the water, I felt as if something cut my left arm. At first I thought that it was just the saltwater acting on my sunburn. However the sensation started getting more intense. It soon felt like chilli padi was rubbed into my skin. I examined my arm and pulled off a translucent tentacle. That's when I realized that this was no sunburn. I never knew that you could treat jellyfish stings with vinegar, but apparently that's how it's done. The medic poured white vinegar over my arm, and that was it. One of the staff informed us that I was quite fortunate that it was a translucent jellyfish instead of a coloured one.
It probably wasn't this guy but here's
a pic for keepsake.
     The Lil Muchkin was tired out after out beach outings. She promptly fell asleep after we arrived back at the hotel. The wifey took the chance to visit the spa while I kept an eye on the little one. 
     We ended our day with in-room dining. The soft-shell crab burger and grilled filet were really not bad. I wouldn't hesitate to go for a second helping if I could. Thus concluded an eventful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment